Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Big Day for Bug Lady

Well, I guess we officially have a crawler in our home.... more like a soldier's "low-crawl" of which I'm sure she gets from her daddy. She's been scooting/rolling forward and backward to get to her toys for a few weeks now but today I truly saw her in action. She crawls to everything that she's not supposed to. Hanz's stereo (including wires), my organizing baskets, dog beds, dog bones and dog water bowl (I truly think my child thinks she's a dog). I know she's probably just been eying (sp?) all of these things for a while so why wouldn't she go for them now?!

She also had another big milestone today. Every time she wakes from her nap and I go in to get her, she is laying either on her belly or back but today she was SITTING! She had a HUGE smile on her face so I know she knows what she accomplished and both her and I were proud. : )
Guess we'll be lowering the crib matress now! ; )

Since I forgot to update with the things my now 8 month is doing in my Memorial Day blog, I'll fill you guys in. Other than the above mentioned....she has been introduced to almost every baby food I have been able to locate and so far so good, no allergies!! Praise the Lord! We have MAJOR food allergies in my fam (my dad: eggs, Hanz: grapes, Me: carrots). This is one reason why we waited to introduce solids at 6 months b/c AAP recommends this to reduce the risk of food allergies and DM. She babbles all the time and the words I can make out (of which I know she doesn't know the meaning to quite yet) are Ba-Ba, Ma-Ma and Da-Da. She LOVES her pool and the water. Hanz and I enrolled her in Star-Babies (a beginner introduction to swim lessons) at a local pool and we completed that last week(see certificate below)...The last session of the class we put all the babies in life-jackets and let them experience the extra water buoyancy. Lily just layed on her back looking at the pool flags while I pulled her around by the handle. This is a GOOD thing since we'll be spending A LOT of time at my folks' lakehouse this summer. Her routine is usually as follows:

7:30-8:00am- Wake up (bottle and breakfast), then we play or take the dogs for a morning walk

10:30am~12:00-morning nap

12:00-bottle and lunch then whatever we need to do...errands or play some more

3:30-5p-afternoon nap

5:00p- Daddy's usually coming home (unless he's flying nights) and we all have dinner followed by more playtime

7:30p-bath (every other day for now) and bedtime

She wakes up usually once during the night for a 6 oz bottle and then goes right back to bed.

She weighs right at 18lb. Our next dr visit will be for her 9 mth visit which is the end of this month. Oh I forgot! She picks out her own clothes! I KID YOU NOT! I take off her pj's in the morning and open her closet to throw them in the hamper and then she literally reaches for an outfit! As long as it's weather appropriate then I'll let her wear it. Guess we're already promoting the independence!! ; ) Look out Hanz! If this girl likes clothes as much as her mama, we're in trouble!!

4 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Look out! Once they start crawling your life CHANGES. She is gonna get SO FAST! You might want to consider a leash pretty soon. Ha!

I will tell what is great though... when they start holding their own bottle! You can just give it to her and get on with your life :)

The 6 W's said...

You're not going to believe this but Hanz taught her to hold a bottle when she was seriously like 2 months! Sometimes I tell her, "Lily, I'm the mom, let me hold your bottle!" ; )

Megan said...

Lily is a PRO at bottle holding! She is crawling now... OMG! Get home quick before she learns how to walk... lol ; )

Unknown said...

emory picks out her clothes too!! what's so cute about it, is that she stares at them and talks to me then reaches for something...it's like she's contemplating which outfit she would like to wear most!