
So I'm a couple of weeks into my second trimester and things appear to be going smoothly. I went to an appt at 12 weeks and the doctor had a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat on a doppler so he sent me home and told me to come back that afternoon for an ultrasound. The doctor I'm using here (which won't be the one who delivers #2) has an ultrasound tech and she wasn't in until that afternoon. I could NOT believe he sent me home!! Why did he not just do it himself?! (one MAJOR CON I already don't like about having a baby in the States) Anyway, I came back and PRAISE THE LORD there was a heartbeat! I had another follow-up ultrasound at 15 weeks and everything still looks good. They couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl (I actually don't want to know but Hanz is dying to) so I guess they'll tell me at the 20 week visit. This pregnancy has actually shocked me at how easy it is going. I don't know if it's that my body is still freshly reminded of being pregnant and it's just not affecting me or whatever but I only had nausea a few weeks at the beginning and other than that, I've just been really tired. I honestly believe the tiredness has a lot to do with chasing around a 10 month old though so I'm just napping when she is. I hadn't lost all of the baby weight with Lily so I'm hoping to keep the weight down this time. So far I've gained about 2 lbs so that's exciting to me. I've busted out a couple of my maternity dresses just because they're comfy but am actually still in my regular jeans (don't think that'll last much longer though! Thank goodness for the bella band!). I've started looking at double strollers and honestly can't choose what I want. I absolutely LOVE my Britax but it is bulky and a little heavy so I find I use the umbrella stroller a lot more of the time. With two so close in age (about 15 months), I can't decide if I want something a little bulkier that I can snap a car seat into or another umbrella stroller and just get the baby in and out. All those with kids close in age or know other people that have them close, what route did they chose and which stroller did they go with? I'd REALLY appreciate any help since this preggo can't ever make up her mind! ; )
2 comments:
I can not believe that dr couldn't hear the heartbeat, but sent you home and told you to come back later! That is unacceptable! You should have thrown a fit and refused to leave! I would have... and if that didn't work, Camron would have burned the place down! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Hopefully your doctor in Birmingham will be more responsible.
I know! I guess at the time I was so scared so I just left but when I got in the car I was like, "Hey what the heck! This guy's a doctor! He didn't need the ultrasound girl to confirm a heartbeat!" I really like him and now that that's happened, can't really believe he did that! I like my doctor in b'ham WORLDS better though so I guess it's ok...
Post a Comment