Tuesday, July 7, 2009

5 Years!

Hanz and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary, while on our vaca in Alabama. Our anniversary actually falls on July 3rd but since we spent that entire day traveling to the lake, we celebrated the big day on the 6th. I spent my first two years of college at the University of North Alabama in Florence and still think it's one of the prettiest campuses out there (aside from #1 Auburn of course!) ; ) The town had actually grown quite a bit since the last time I visited (a whopping 8 years ago!) and they had even moved my old sorority dorm! We ate at an ole fav restaurant of mine, Ricatonis and stayed at the Marriot Shoals Resort. We had a nice view of the dam and enjoyed the freezing cold pool!! FYI: this was my FIRST night away from Lily since she was born!

Our room (not bad for $70 a night!)

the pool (pretty fun but FREEZING!)

view of the Wilson Dam from our room

the lovebirds

my handsome husband (he wasn't allowed to take a bathing suit pic of me b/c I'm still in that "am I just fat or pregnant" stage)

I showed Hanz around UNA's campus and we visited Una...

and Leo III

our yummy dinner (I had forgotten how big their portions were!)

I tried to take a picture of Dale's Steakhouse to prove to everyone in Germany that IT DOES EXIST IN ALABAMA!! ; )

and now back to God's country!

1 comment:

The Penter Family said...

I bet it was fun to go back there. It is a lot nicer now than it was when we were there.

Don't you wish they would have had those nice dorms when we lived in them?

I am jealous you got to eat at Ricatonis. That place is so good!I loved looking at all these pictures.

Happy Anniversary!