Saturday, February 6, 2010

I DID IT!!!

Ok, so I finally gave in and bought a BOB but I'm SOOO excited about my purchase!!! I have been looking on Craiglist for a good "used" Duallie Revolution for about 6 mths now and they are soooo hard to come buy so I started checking ebay. The cheapest I found was for $510 a couple of months ago and decided if I couldn't get a used one then I'd go for that one well two days ago, while on FB, I noticed this girl's post that she was selling her '07 Duallie + infant carrier attachment ($90 accessory) + console bar ($25 accessory) all for $300! I jumped on it and she was going to meet me to buy it and then called me and told me her SISTER WANTED IT!!! : ( I went to school with both of these girls and know she wasn't giving me the runaround but had probably just not mentioned that she was selling it but nonetheless I was BUMMED!! Well, that got me very motivated, I went on ebay and found a seller that had the "make an offer" button so I made one for $500 and he accepted!! YAY!! I guess that was a fair price (they sell for $589 + tax if I were to buy it at a retail store). I bought the infant carrier attachment and console bar together for $100 from Amazon so my total purchase was $600! Big I know, but if I can sell it down the road for a few hundred $$, and use the crap out of it (which I plan to do), hopefully I'll get my money back! : ) Well, I was just very excited and wanted to share!!


**My hope is that my new stroller arrives in time for the March for Babies walk! This year my sisters created a team called "SWEET BABY LANDON", which of course is in memory of my nephew, Landon James Baggett McGowan, who passed away from a birth defect when he was 4 months old. He would have been 6 years old this past Jan. 26th and we hope that this walk will become an annual gift for him! If you are interested in joining us or donating to the cause, please feel free to email me!

3 comments:

Megan said...

So glad you got the stroller you wanted and can't wait for our walk!!

Amanda Baker said...

Hey gals! I'm ALWAYS up to do anything to help the MOD and would be honored to walk and trying to get donations in honor of Landon! Let me know!

The 6 W's said...

YAY! Thanks Amanda!!