Friday, February 12, 2010

Sweet R&R

As most of you know Hanz has come and gone...now 9 months to go!!! : ( It's really hard dealing with deployments and EXTREMELY hard dealing with them with children. God is my source of strength and my parents, my sanity.
This week has been VERY trying! Lily started a GI bug on Monday and it is STILL going! She has never been a baby that has wanted to be held unless she is sick (yay for me, bad for her). I truly didn't know what to do when Reid woke up at 1:30 this morning and I found Lily in bed with throw up everywhere. If I had not been here with my parents, I don't know what I would have done. Probably sobbed! I have a new found respect for single parents! I honestly don't know how they could do what they do, successfully, without a support system. Well, enough about that, here are some pics of the good times we had with "Daddy"...

Picking Hanz up from the airport...

Finally HOME (Reid was told at this point, "You can come out now")!!!


it took Hanz almost FOUR days to get here from Afghanistan! He was pretty exhausted when we got home and took a VERY long nap (half of which Lily layed awake on his chest just to be by her Daddy!)

My Mom graciously allowed us to keep the Christmas tree up until Hanz got home for R&R so we could celebrate a "late Christmas" with him (despite Lily collecting and hiding ornaments from the bottom half of the tree on a DAILY basis!)...Hanz's gift to Lily was a Fisher Price Little People Airport

Lily is now VERY happy to practice flying her helicopter so she can be JUST LIKE DADDY!Hanz took Lily to Mother Goose at the Library TWICE!!! (he thought it was hilarious!)
the best day that Hanz was home...January 15, 2010, Reid Larson Welo is FINALLY HERE!!!

January 18th was pretty special too! Hanz turned 30 YEARS OLD!!

Lily watched her favorite videos with her Daddy...

and even cooked for him with her new kitchen!

Hanz with both kids...he did good giving me a BREAK!

One pic from our TWO date-nights (one was "pre-Reid" and we stayed the night at the Marriott... Mae Mae took Lily for the night for us and even the next morning so that we could SLEEP IN FOR ONCE!!! Thank you Meg!!!) (the other date night was going to dinner and a movie, while my folks watched the kids...we saw "The Book of Eli" and ate at Pablos, YUMMY!)

Lily trying to pack herself into a care package so she could go back to the desert with Daddy...

Saying our "Good-byes"...VERY HARD!!! WAY HARDER than last time! We love you Hanz and are SO VERY PROUD OF YOU! We will see you in 9 months! (DO NOT EXTEND HIM Mr. President!!!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I don't know how you do it. You are one STRONG woman! You learn just how much you're capable of when put in a situation like this, huh? My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

The 6 W's said...

You are VERY right Whitney! I didn't think I could survive the first one but I did and now I'm thinking I won't survive this one but I know I will b/c God always provides!! ; )

The Penter Family said...

I can't imagine Reba! It must be hard. But as long as you are still here in Bham, I'm here to help anytime you need me. Loveyou..