Thursday, April 15, 2010

3 mths & 18 mths


(yes, this is being published LATE!!! I'm VERY behind on my posts!) ; )

My babies are GROWING!! Each day I just thank the Lord for the precious gifts He has given me. I face struggles every day with my husband being gone, Reid having colic, and Lily being a "wild child" but I would not give ANYTHING for this life!!! : )

Reid turned 3 mths today and is a whoping 16lb and ~ 25" (both 97%)! His little body is trying its best to get more "regulated" to life "outside the womb" and I am VERY thankful for this timing! It has been a trying last few months not only for me, his mama, but my family that helps me out. He was a constant crier and nothing seemed to console him! I have taken him to a GI specialist who "officially" diagnosed him with infantile reflux (which I knew at 2 weeks) but the current Prevacid Rx is definitely doing the trick (boy was that hard to get out of the doc!!). He still spits up but going back to nursing has helped him intake less air and is therefore a little less uncomfortable. To say he is a "Mama's boy" would be an understatement and to say he has a smile that is contagious is only the beginning of expressing the joy that this little man brings to my life! He is just beautiful and perfect in every way. I am so very thankful. Reid has found his hands, loves his mobile and LOVES his sister, Lily Bug!! I am amazed at how interested in her he is but I guess those of you that have two kids know that this is a pretty amazing site! Lily tries her best to help me "console" the little dude. If he starts crying, she'll bring him his paci or if there's a bottle pumped and lying around, she'll take that and attempt to feed him (usually not very successfully but cute nonetheless). He actually rolls over from his tummy to his back so I have to be careful (lessons learned from #1) and is attempting at rolling from the back to tummy....he just can't get that hand out from under his belly!...so stay tuned! ; )

Lily is ALL OVER THE PLACE!! She is a joy and delight and I have found that 18 mths is by far my favorite age!! She has an imagination that makes me dream again and a personality that switches from trying on her mother's jewlery and shoes to playing in the dirt! She is definitely a fun little girl and I can't wait for Hanz to come home and be able to experience this fun time (of course at that point she'll be 2+ and it will probably be an entirely different adventure)! I tell him constantly of things she has done and he just laughs. I'm sure that's what's helping keep him "sane" over there and I delight in that. Lily is now weighing about 24.5lb (50%) and measuring about 32 1/4" (75%) tall. She still takes a paci (which I am NOT giving up until I get my husband back...it is a LIFESAVER at times!), does very well with all utensils (including the knife...yes, they sell safety ones at Babies R Us now that I would highly recommend. They don't really cut anything but she practices and that is wonderful). She has mastered cups, bowls, yogurt containers (thanks Bugsy) and straws! She started to give me the toddler food tantrums and I put a stop to that ASAP! I will NOT be a short order cook (thanks Kate Gosselin) and if she doesn't eat supper then she can have breakfast in approx. 12 hrs!! (go ahead and think I'm cruel...I don't!). ; ) She loves Miss Patty Cake, Cinderella, and of course, Mickey Mouse! She has an all time favorite love named Pup-Pup! I am actually in the process of ordering another one (from her baby registry) to keep as a back-up in case he croaks or gets lost somewhere. He helps in her "pretend play" by getting his face stuffed into applesauce or whatever else she is eating (b/c he has to eat too!), likes to jump in the bath water (from which he goes straight to the dryer) and pretty much experiences life daily as my Lily Bug does. : )

Our lives consist of going from B'ham to Savannah and we are getting to visit our Welo grandparents in June (they have moved from TX to Florida and will be a lot closer now)! We are very excited and so thankful for all of the loves in our lives!

3 comments:

The Penter Family said...

You have your hands full!

The Penter Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan said...

Loved reading this Bec! It's all about the parenting and you are doing SO great! Love you!