
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Welcome Home DADDY!!!
Hanz "re-joined" our family again Oct. 16th from an 11 1/2 mth deployment and what a wonderful day it was!!! Hanz's parents, my parents, my Aunt Bett and cousin Matthew all came to Savannah to "experience" a Soldier's Homecoming. If you haven't ever attended one, I would highly recommend going if you ever get the opportunity. I get chills on the Fourth of July, watching fireworks, seeing YouTube videos about soldiers etc... but there is NOTHING that can prepare your heart like watching hundreds of soldiers return safely home from War and embrace their loved ones than at a welcome home ceremony. I thank God above all for giving me the strength, patience and endurance to get through yet another deployment, a loving husband that encouraged me for a year even though he was dealing with his own battles, and all of my friends and family who prayed diligently (sp?) and did their own parts along the way. I love you ALL!!!















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Makes me cry everytime I see these pics!! I am so happy for your family and so grateful to all of the soldiers like Hanz who sacrifise time with their family to protect mine. LOVE all these pics and so happy your man is home!
Normally other things make me cry while I am at work. Definitely tears of joy for you and your family today. We appreciate Hanz and the sacrifices of all our other soldiers every day.
Post a Comment