My race outfit (complete with Tiara and "Belle" tu-tu)
Lily's "Savannah Belles" cheering outfit
I cannot express how excited I am about this coming weekend! Let me start off by first apologizing for my lack of "blogging". I have been training since Hanz came home in October for this weekend and am finding a lot of my "down"/blogging time consumed with eating or resting!! Haha!
For those of you who don't know, I'm running my very first Half Marathon this weekend! When I was pregnant with Reid I decided that I was sick of not being an "active" mom. Sure I take my kids to the park, library, zoo, playdates almost daily, which gets all of us out of the house and lets us exercise a bit, but I wanted to step it up and really do something intense. A bunch of my friends started running, while we were in Germany and I was pregnant with Lily, for Half and Full Marathons and it really started to inspire me. Anyway, after I had Reid and on my 6 week check-up I got the "go ahead" from my doctor to begin exercising. I trained for 5 weeks and ran my first 5K (well, in about 10 years) Easter weekend! I was automatically addicted but then Summer hit and I found it too hot to run with my kids!! Since Hanz was gone, the only running I got in was when my folks would watch them, while we were in Birmingham. Anyway, my goal of the Half stayed fresh on my mind and my good friend, Lee, encouraged me to sign up for the Disney Princess race in February. I knew Hanz would be home in Oct. so I signed up and AS SOON as he was here, my training began. Long story short, I'm in my last week of training and the race is SUNDAY!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Lee and I are running as a team and have named ourselves "The Savannah Belles". ; ) I am a Disney nut and am totally taking advantage of this "Princess" mania! Lee and I made our own tutus to wear in the race and even bought matching tiaras )see first pic...apparently people run in these things but we'll see how long it lasts). I used my new monogramming machine and appliqued a Minnie and Mickey onesie for the kids to wear when we go back to Magic Kingdom that afternoon (btw...I found them, along with the Disney script on Etsy for really cheap). I am super pumped and will post pics asap! Until then, may all your DREAMS come true!!! ; )


No comments:
Post a Comment