
ESPN Wide World of Sports Expo (Saturday afternoon) for packet pick-up

This princess (or queen) with princess and prince in tow, were greeted by Cinderella's footmen...it was a royal event! ; )
Sunday morning wake up call= 3:10a!!! We walked from our hotel, Shades of Green, down to the Polynesian and caught their bus service to the Epcot Future lot. We arrived before 4a and had to wait around until we were hearded out of our stalls (actual start time was 5:45a but my group, Coral C, started at 6:01a.) The Fairy Godmother herself started the countdown...
The race took you down a couple of access roads, World Drive, and then....the MAGIC KINGDOM!!! (~Mile 6.5)
We named ourselves the "Savannah Belles" so we had to take a pic with the Beauty and the Beast gang! I was attempting to kick Gaston in the butt... ; )
Mile 8, I saw my babies... : D
Here's where it gets fuzzy. I "normally" hit my wall around mile 10 but the humidity this day was seriously 98% and among the 13,000 other runners, I felt like the coarse never "thinned out"! I'm not sure if I hadn't hydrated enough or what but around mile 8 1/2 I started getting really dizzy, with chills! I got scared and told Lee (just in case I decided to pass out on concrete) and literally ran to mile 11 with my eyes closed! At that point I ended up having to walk about 3 times for about 30sec each, so I wouldn't pass out or puke! At mile 12, I picked it back up because I saw this....
THAT BIG EPCOT BALL/Finish line! We had to run to World Showcase and back and that about KILLED me but in the end, I did it!!!

I did enter a Med tent after I crossed the finish line and got my medal where they took my BP and it was 80/40 so yes, I guess you could say I was a little dehydrated... : (.
I started this journey six weeks after I had my Reid man (1/15/10). Ran my first 5K (Easter weekend 2010), pretty much took the insanely H-O-T Summer off and picked my running back up when Hanz got home in October. I ran the Savannah Bridge Run (12/10) then started the intensive Half Marathon training schedule and am SOOOOO glad I did!!!! This was an accomplishment that was hard as heck but something I can "check" off my bucket list! Am I going to do another one? Well, you'll have to wait and see!! (I'd venture to say yes, though); ) Happy Running!


1 comment:
Good job Reba! I'm proud of you. I don't think I could ever do it!
Post a Comment