Yeah!! The offer that Hanz and I put in on our house was accepted today (after two counteroffers) and we are finally "Under Contract"! It feels so good to be one step closer to "settling down" in Savannah. We have a closing date set for Dec. 22, which will be so wonderful b/c my mom is off for the Christmas Holidays and Hanz will be able to easily take more leave so that we can get settled in. I feel like we got a REALLY good deal on this house so that is a MAJOR blessing! We will be in a new construction home, in a gated community (which is very good for Savannah since the crime is kind of high there) and the house is in our favorite area of Savannah! It's a three bedroom home but there is PLENTY of floor space so as soon as we get settled in, we will be more than happy to welcome visitors!Hanz left to go back to Savannah this afternoon but Lily and I are staying here in Birmingham because she has her two month well-baby to go to and I STILL haven't gone to have my post-partum check up! WHOOPS! ; ) We'll get those taken care of and then may join Hanz again in a week or so.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and despite Auburn's loss yesterday, a Happy Iron Bowl weekend! ; ) Our new house does not come with a refrigerator, washer or dryer so we went to Sears yesterday and found some GREAT deals on appliances! Sears is so good to the military and we were able to get free delivery and set-up, which the Savannah store will do once we get our keys.
Thank you all for your prayers in the house-hunt! We are very happy with the decision we have made and just pray that the closing goes as smoothly as the hunt. Hanz and our realtor, Greg, meet with the housing inspector on Thursday and then the appraiser. The Broker lady that we met on the plane is going to continue to help us with our loan and we feel so fortunate and blessed to have these people looking out for us. 
Mom, Bett, Meg, Me, Loo, "the Bug" and Papal at Thanksgiving


5 comments:
it's so pretty! i'm jealous...we have been trying to sell our house for over a year now so we can get something bigger. congrats!
The house is beautiful!! I know that y'all are so relieved to have found a house! Good Luck to you!
I'm so happy for your little fam Bec... and now Michael and I have a place to stay in Savannah ; ) I can't wait to help you get all settled in... love ya!!
i love the house...great trees too! :) good to know things are going smoothly. it was great getting to see you and meet Lily!
I love it!!! Be patient it will all come together!!
Post a Comment