Thursday, June 10, 2010

Florida

Hanz's parents bought a condo in Cocoa Beach and our good friends, The Meyers, were traveling to Orlando for a vaca last week so we headed South to spend time with everyone. Hanz's parents literally are surrounded by water (Indian River on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other) so it was really neat visiting. We headed down Thursday and it rained so we didn't swim or beach but we did watch a couple of manatees swim around their dock. Friday morning Lily and I headed to Orlando to meet our friends and enjoy a couple of days at Disney (without the Reider!). I missed the little guy but it was DEFINITELY good to get some "Bug" time and a FULL night's sleep! So often I feel like I am not giving Lily (who is still a baby!) what she needs so our trip to Disney was the perfect opportunity to indulge her in some mommy/girl time and being spoiled by Jennifer and Jeremy's THREE daughters who doted on her every second of the day!

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, which was neat b/c I haven't stayed on "Disney Property" before other than Shades of Green (actually a better value if you are military and nicer/bigger) but our friends were staying here so we wanted to get as much time with them as we could. I had ordered Lily Disney "ears" that were waiting in our room when we arrived, along with an autograph book and pen (which we used later...see pics following) and a couple of snacks. I didn't know if this would be a bust or not but let me tell you...SHE LOVED THEM!!! Money well spent I guess! ; )

We headed to the Magic Kingdom Friday morning and headed straight for Tomorrowland! I had been pregnant, while visiting last time, so I was actually able to ride Space Mountain!! YAY!!! My favorite ride!! Then went with Lily on the Tomorrowland Transit...

and the Tea-cups...
and watched a Parade.We headed for Pirates of the Carribean (Hanz's FAVORITE ride) and then headed off to our first character dinner at Crystal Palace! (The guy in the last pic, btw, was Jennifer's dad who met us there. He was AWESOME and was the biggest help! Lily just loved him and we're so glad we were able to spend time with him) : )
Lily was SUPER excited about meeting all of her new friends at dinner that it gave her a second wind and we actually stayed at the park until about 9p! This is her on the train....and FINALLY crashing back at the hotel. : )Saturday morning we ventured to Epcot...







Then we headed to 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for dinner with Cinderalla. Lily LOVED it! If you don't already know, Cinderella is Lily's favorite movie right now and she was star struck when she met the cast...

except for the evil step family of course (see Step-mother in the background) ; )
After dinner we headed back to Cocoa Beach and spent the rest of the weekend with Hanz's parents...
We ate lunch after Church, napped and then headed to the beach for a fun Sunday afternoon...

Thanks again Mardi and Bob for keeping Reid for us and hosting a wonderful getaway! Thank you also Meyers' family for sharing some of your vacation time with us! We had a GREAT TIME!!!

2 comments:

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

SWEET SWEET POST! Gorgeous babies!

Megan said...

Great pics! I love the one of her in the teacups... can you make me a copy? Do me a favor and stop her from growing up until y'all come home again ; )