Thursday, July 15, 2010

6 months

My little Reider is SIX MONTHS old!!! I am amazed daily at what he is doing! He actually started crawling when he was just a little over 5 mths old and is already trying to pull himself up! I am happy that he is moving ahead physically (despite the set-back with his poor leg) but I also don't want it to go so fast! I say "slow down little buddy" but he just keeps on trucking! Hanz will not be home until Reid is 10 mths old so I REALLY pray that he hasn't started to walk at that point...wouldn't it be great if he did it for him when he got home!!?? Anyway, I have officially stopped nursing which I am soooo HAPPY about and started to introduce solids to Reider around 4 mths. I waited until 6 mths with Lily but she was also not even sitting up by herself at that age so I guess I've gone by what they were doing more than age. So far Reid likes rice cereal and oatmeal (as long as milk is mixed with it, NO water!!), pears (like his sister) and sweet potatoes. He does NOT like green beans (I mix them with applesauce and manage to get enough down) and actually doesn't really care for peaches (so much for Georgia!). He still wakes up once during the night at about 3:30a and takes a bottle and then goes back to sleep. He is on a two nap a day schedule (~10a and 3p) but his morning nap gets cut short quite often due to Lily's playgroups and Church. He is the HAPPIEST baby in the entire universe now AS LONG AS you are paying attention to him! He has the biggest smile that can melt any heart and I love just staring at him and seeing his Daddy in there! He is obsessed with Lily Bug and everything that she does (I think he actually wants to be her!). It is funny to watch the two play together b/c now that Reid is moving all around, he'll actually climb up on her little Dora couch while she's watching Barney and try to hang out with her! He even manages to crawl on top of her and laughs while she is crying (like the baby she still is)!! I have to admit, I was scared to death when I got pregnant again when Lily was only 6 months old and truly didn't know how I would manage two babies (15 mths apart) with a husband at war and a family 6 hours away but God definitely knew what He was doing and I couldn't be happier or more thankful!

Happy Half Birthday Little Man! : ) I love you so much!

p.s. The outfit that Reid has on in the first two pics was actually one of Hanz's DAD's baby outfits! They have the same monogram (RLW)...isn't that awesome!?!

3 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Too Stinkin' Cute!

Amy Dorsey said...

I cant believe how fast he is growing up! He is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

He is such a doll (and so is Lily!)