
Praise the Lord!! I have thankfully prayed for this as much as I prayed for us to find our house and I know that this is it! I was raised Baptist and Hanz was raised, well, Military, and we have chosen Methodist! It's a little bit diffent from Baptist but Hanz and I both love the traditional and reverant ways of worship so we both left the service today knowing that this was an answer to our prayers! The best part is that their "Mother's Day Out", also known as "First Things First" (which feeds into their preschool program) is one of the best in Savannah!! Today also was a first in that we left "Bug" in the nursery!! It was hard but not bad AT ALL!! We left her with three sweet ladies and they gave us a pager to page us if she cried for more than 10 minutes! Well, in the middle of the service, I thought that I heard Lily cry but I was like "the nursery is too far away to hear!." Well, when we picked her up, the director of the nursery was holding our "Bug" in the hallway and she said that she did cry for more than 10 minutes but she wanted us to get a good "first experience" and thankfully she was asleep in the director's arms when we arrived. It (again) was too much of a blessing to know that it was not from God! After talking with the director, Ms. Kim, I went ahead and signed Bug up for the Tuesday/Thursday"First Things First" Program (she got the LAST spot!!). She'll start in the Fall and go from 9-12 on those days. It should be a good little "break" for me to clean the house or run errands. I'm REALLY excited! This church really seems to have an awesome Children's Ministry and they were even praying this day for a Medical Mission group that was leaving that week for Guatamala (sp?), which you KNOW is totally up my alley! Anyway, I'm totally excited and just wanted to share! The church is called Isle of Hope United Methodist Church and it's VERY close to home! The pool that we plan on joining this summer is right across the street also! You can check out their website and read about all of their missions/ministries if you feel up to it! It's
http://www.iohumc.com/. There is a lot of great history to the church and I look forward to serving God through some of their ministries soon!
2 comments:
What a cute little church Bec! It's so Savannahish... you don't churches around here like that!
Oops... I meant you don't SEE churches around here like that ; )
Post a Comment