Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Facts About Me!!

Ok, so I was tagged by Sonia to complete this post!! ; ) I had already done this on Facebook (via Megs...THANKS!) so I'm just copying and repasting. It's pretty opinionated so don't get offended. ; ) Enjoy!

P.S. If I tag you then it's your turn to write 25 random facts about yourself! Have fun!!


1. I actually LOVE my name! I'm named after both of my grandmothers and decided to do the same for my daughter, Lily Rebecca. Hope she likes it!!
2. I actually miss Germany! It's probably got something to do with the fact that people know how to DRIVE there, the food's awesome!!, and there are so many European Holidays it's RIDICULOUS!
3. The prettiest place I've ever actually visited was St. Paul's harbour in Lindos (Rhodes), Greece (this is where Paul the Apostle spent the later part of his life and I TOTALLY understand why!)
4. I've learned by being away from my family (and even husband) for so long at a time, that I truly can do "All Things through Christ who gives me Strength!" Phil. 4:13
5. I don't trust people who don't like dogs.
6. I am a neat freak (and probably shouldn't be since I have two HUGE dogs and now a little pooping/drooling baby)
7. I sucked my thumb until I was 12! : (
8. Because of #7, I NEVER had to wear braces!
9. I got SOOO sick of American tourists while I was living in Germany and traveling around myself! I honestly know why the world has the opinion of us that they do.
9. I am addicted to White Chocolate Mochas from Starbucks and I KNOW I shouldn't be!
10. I gave up caffeine for my ENTIRE pregnancy! : 0
11. I honestly don't think George W. was that bad! I think he just actually dealt with the things that were handed to him (maybe not in the best way) but at least he didn't ignore them like Presidents past.
12. I think you should have to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces or a Civil Service position to be given the right to vote (Ouch! I know that offended some folks!)
13. I think that the hardest year of my life was when Hanz (my helicopter pilot husband) was deployed to Iraq and helicopters were crashing every day
14. I know that if something ever happened to my husband and I ever chose to remarry, it would not be to a man that has never served his Country.
15. I hope #14 didn't offend anyone (that's just how my heart feels).
16. I would adopt EVERY SINGLE homeless or unwanted dog in the WORLD if I could!
17. I wish I lived closer to my sister, Megan, and the rest of my Alabama fam! ; )
18. I have held my grandmother (and others' hands when I worked in ICU), while they passed on.
19. I think when someone has experienced a loss and others' haven't, then it's usually best to just say, "I'm sorry for your loss", and move on.
20. One of my favorite childhood memories is riding to Six Flags over Georgia, in my mom (Karen's) blue station wagon, and writing notes and sticking them on the window, for my Leonard cousins' to see from their car.
21. My all time favorite movie EVER is Tombstone! I think it's because I think Doc Holiday (well, Val Kilmer) is HOT, even with TB!
22. I don't generally like to read and don't think it makes you any smarter (except maybe your vocabulary) if you do.
23. I want to visit Israel before I die (I don't care if it's dangerous).
24. I did not start drinking until I was 21!
25. I am pregnant again...JUST KIDDING!!! ; )


Tag..you're it!!
1. Megs (back at ya!)
2. Martina
3. Amy
4. Nina
5. Christine

3 comments:

The Montgomery Family said...

#2 - you must come visit now that I know you are missing it :)

The Penter Family said...

i just had a heart attack on #25!

Megan said...

Gosh, so opinionated! Bec, you have every right to voice YOUR opinion! If anything, you have more of a right but who am I to say ; )