
WOW I'm behind on my posts!! Anyway...the weekend before St Patty's a bunch of friends came down to celebrate the Good Ole' Irish!! We had a BLAST! Since St Pat's fell on a Tuesday everyone made it down by Friday but had to leave before the big day. Hanz, Lily and I still made it downtown to see the parade with our neighbors and I must admit...I had my hesitations...everyone was talking up this being one of the biggest parades in America and I didn't believe them but once we made it down there it truly was AMAZING!! I was so proud to have a little Irish running through my blood and getting to be there with one of our good friends, Damien (who is 100% Irish straight from the Motherland) was wonderful! Here are some pics from the whole thing!

The Hostesses'

Me and Sarah

Aaron, Lindsey and Baby Zoe

Amy and Damien "the Irishman"

Sarah and Martin "the Irishman's brother"
Lily and her "Irish" beads
How did Moosie get her beads???!!! : )
Tyson and his beads

on Riverstreet Friday Night...would NOT recommend taking a baby!! ; )

Lily in her "big girl" stroller getting ready to watch the Parade!

2009 St Patty's Day Parade Grand Marshall
getting blessed in front of St. John's

Some soldiers from Hanz's post...a tradition is that girls from the crowd run up and kiss the soldiers, leaving lipstick on their cheeks...I saw it happen and it was sooo cool! The soldiers have tons of red lipstick marks!! : )
HAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY FROM THE WELO FAMILY!!
1 comment:
I have not seen this stroller picture... it is very cute! And it's so good to see some old faces too ; )
I'm glad y'all are in the Ham right now... if I had gone any longer with out seeing Lily I wouldn't have recognized her!
Post a Comment