NOT REALLY!!! : (Hanz left for another year+ in the desert this past Thursday. My folks came up that evening so that they could also be here to farewell him off and boy let me tell you how thankful I was for that! We had to take him to the hangar around 7p and then said our final good-byes around 10'ish. It was so different having him deploy from here instead of Germany. There, we were able to have a ceremony and actually watch the buses drive away but here we were left crying and just watching him walk to another hangar where he had to sit and wait for buses to eventually take him somewhere. NO CLOSURE!! :( I have heard from him almost every day since and he has finally made it to Afghanistan. Praise God! He was able to purchase a cell-phone and text me which is a COMPLETELY new concept and I am sooooo thankful for it! He says it's freezing there and he can't get warm. I guess the tents that they're staying in aren't that great.
We've certainly not sat still since he left. As soon as we got home from post, I got Lily ready for bed and as I was putting her down in her crib I noticed she felt kind of warm. I thought it was just because we had been hanging around outside, while we said our goodbyes, so I thought nothing of it. Well, about 2a she woke up and had a fever of 103.5 that would not go down b/c every time I tried to give her tylenol, she'd throw it up! Dad and I went to 5 different all night pharmacies looking for feverall suppositories and with no luck! By the time we got home at almost 5a, her fever was still the same but I started giving her very small doses and she was able to keep it down. I thought the fever was also coming down so I let her sleep by me and then fell asleep myself. Well, I woke up at 7a and she was up to 105! I called the docs, gave her a bath and more meds and we actually got it to come down! Since then, she's had bloody poops, now a runny nose and cough but I think we're finally on the upswing! Again, don't know WHAT I would have done if this had happened and my folks hadn't been here! God is good! It's totally not a joke that this kind of stuff happens during a deployment! I'm just thankful for family and friends that are there to help me out when times get....let's just say "tougher"! ; ) We also discovered, over the course of our busy weekend, that my computer was acting funny. Well, I didn't get to call Dell until today and I had a MASSIVE virus on there that took the tech support guy 6 hours to get rid of and $130!! Again, I tell you, this stuff doesn't happen until the guys get deployed and then the "poop" hits the fan! Oh well. Hopefully everything is under control (for a while at least) and I can just rest a little while!
Today was my last doctor's visit with my OB here in Savannah and so I'll make the switch to my new doc in just a couple of weeks! I truly can't believe that I am already 30 weeks! It's really weird! Lily has definitely been missing her daddy and that really saddens me. While we are upstairs, cleaning or putting away clothes, she'll go to the edge of the stairs where her gate is and sit there with her finger pointing and yelling, "Da Da". (this is how she usually gets Hanz's attention when we're home and upstairs and he's downstairs) I know it could be worse and she could be older and it be hitting her harder but she definitely knows someone is missing. Every night when we say our prayers we also give SFC Bug (see previous "Build-a-Bear" post) a kiss and let her hear Daddy's voice. She smiles and bites his nose so I think that helps her. I will be sending out prayer cards again for this deployment so if you read this post and don't receive one in the next couple of weeks, please email me and I'll make sure to get one to you. People ask if I mind that they add Hanz's name to their church prayer lists and I totally don't. I am a HUGE believer in prayer and covet every one of them! : ) 

all of us at the hangar

Lily wouldn't stop hugging her daddy

getting one last kiss from my sweetheart


2 comments:
oh reba. this post is so sad. i am really praying for you guys. love y'all...
So glad Lily is feeling better... that night was a rough one!
Post a Comment