Saturday, November 14, 2009

Update

Hanz is "officially" at his "home" for the next 12 months! Praise the Lord that everyone made it there safely. I'm behind on getting my prayer cards out b/c the picture I want to use isn't cooperating so please be patient. It will include Hanz's mailing address like last time but if you'd like to have it now just let me know and I can email it to you. I have ordered him a small Christmas Tree from operationchristmastree.com so it should be a nice surprise for him. They are telling us that if you want packages to arrive before Christmas then they should be mailed out before the first week of December so I'm going to send out a box of wrapped Christmas gifts that Hanz can put underneath his 2' tall tree! : ) I know people have asked me for any ideas and all I can say at this time could be some yummy sauces from home (the food there sucks so guys usually like to sauce them up), calling cards, books, etc... If I get anymore specific requests then I'll let you know. Nothing is a dumb gift and even if Hanz can't use it, there's usually a guy there that can. Well, thank you again for supporting us in yet another deployment! One week down, 51 to go!! ; )

2 comments:

Haley said...

Rebecca,
We'll be praying for you while Hanz is away! Glad he made it safely and that he'll at least have a Christmas tree!

I do not know anything about Pentax cameras so I can't compare the two but I do love the Rebel... I would suggest playing around with both at the stores and seeing what you like best. The lenses I bought are:

1. Tamron Super Wide Angle SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Autofocus Lens
Manufacturers # is AFO16C700
( I don't know what all those numbers mean except for the f/2.8 which is the aperture number, which means you can get a blurry background with your object in focus.) It also has a wider angle which is great.

2. Canon Normal EF 50mm f/1.8 Autofocus Lens.
manufacturers # 2514A002
*This is a fixed lens; it doesn't zoom. But the 1.8 aperture allows for you to get as blurry a background as you want while keeping the object (i.e. Lily and Reid) in perfect focus. Not as convenient as a zoom lens but a great option for pretty cheap. Around $119 I think.

I bought these on www.bhphotovideo.com. They ship free and super fast. Got them both within 3 days of ordering. Make sure those manufacturers #'s match so you get the right ones. Those things have the longest names.
Also, really important to get autofocus lenses, because I hear if you accidentally get a manual focus, it is super hard to use.
Hope this helps! Can't believe you are about to have another one! He'll be as beautiful as his sister.

The 6 W's said...

Thank you Haley!! You rock!!