Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6 Months Down...

AND SIX TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't really know if I'm excited or not about that. ??? Yes, I'm half-way to the end of yet another deployment but thinking about being away from Hanz for another HALF A YEAR is seriously killing me!! : ( The first half seems to have gone by pretty quickly. We had a baby (check), Hanz came home for R&R (check)...but now what??? There's pretty much nothing else MAJOR in our future plans other than to enjoy Summer and for Lily to start First Things First (Mother's Day Out) in the Fall. I guess I'll just look forward each month to visiting friends and family in a new place and hopefully that will make the time pass.

We did celebrate the "hump" by eating at Hanz's favorite Mexican restaurant here in Birmingham (it was fitting since today is Cinco de Mayo). We even walked away with a Cinco de Mayo t-shirt which we'll honor Hanz with when he comes back home (I'm sure that's what he's looking forward to getting back to the most). ; )

1 comment:

Alli and Korey said...

Hang in there girl! I cant imagine but I know that its because of husbands like yours that we enjoy the freedoms we do. I know one day your kids will understand and be so PROUD of their Daddy! And for the next six months I will make you come to bham ALL the time and hang out : )