Here are a few random pics from our hospital experience. I delivered at Neundettlesau (a VERY small hospital about 1 mile away from my home). It is run mostly by Nuns from the local Diakonie (sp??). Everyone was VERY sweet and despite the fact that I had to stay for 5 DAYS, I wouldn't change my experience for anything! It was really awesome to be able to deliver Lily here in Germany and experience a different culture when it comes to L&D. The care was a lot more holistic and the Germans put new Mommies on a pedestal, which of course I didn't complain about!! ; ) Everyone shares a room but most Americans pay to have a "private room" which is nothing but a regular room and you get an extra bed/meal for your significant other. It's SOOOO worth it though! Mom usually took the day shift and then Hanz the night but the days that Hanz worked, they switched out.
Jo and Frankie holding Lily

New Proud Parents

Mom and Shawn getting to hold Lily Bug


Lily loved the warmer in the changing room.
With Dr. Ermlich who actually delivered Lily. I have a pic of Frau Wagner that I will DEFINITELY post but unfortunately it's on Mom's camera and it's dead. : (
Getting ready to go home! YEAH!!!
Holding Lily in her going home outfit. She didn't like her tight pantyhose!!
Also in front of the L&D rooms where Frau Wagner pretty much lives! ; )
5 comments:
Congratulations Rebecca & Hanz!!! Lily is beautiful!! I can't wait to see you guys!!!! Love, Lynn
Awesome pics of the Lily Bug! She looked adorable in her going home outfit : )
What a beautiful baby! Cingratulations...it is so awesome and only gets better!
How sweet!! I love your pictures of Little Lily! She is absolutely beautiful Rebecca!! It is so special that you got to have a "German Birthing Experience"... I mean how many people can say that?!? I'm glad that you all got home safely and I'm sure you're enjoying the new Mommy Moments! Try to get some sleep;-)
She is beautiful! I can't wait to see her? When are you guys moving back?
Post a Comment