Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spa Sunday!


Today was AWESOME! We went to Church (it was our last Sunday here in Germany and ironically Lily's first) and came home and ate lunch. The afternoon was pretty relaxing and Hanz was able to clean out his car, since he'll be shipping it on Tuesday. This evening was the REAL treat though! My old co-worker and friend, Lynn, gave me a gift certificate to my favorite spa before she left but I've been unable to use it because I was pregnant. Well, I called this past week to see if they had any openings and they did for tonight so I indulged myself in a full hour hot stone massage with facial! It was WONDERFUL! I don't know if you guys know this but I have been sleeping on an air mattress, since the movers came and packed up all of our household goods (yes, that means since I was 38 weeks pregnant and then these past weeks while I've been recovering from the c-section). NOT FUN! I have not complained though, so Hanz told me to book the appt and he'd watch Lily so that I could have an evening of pampering. I'm literally floating right now!! ; )

Ok, so enough about that. Other news from this week. We booked our plane tickets! YEAH!! We fly out of Nurnberg on Sunday morning and arrive in Savannah Sunday evening. It is a flight with two connections and will therefore be a VERY long day so please pray for us. I think and hope that Lily will do fine but we can definitely still use the prayers (it will be her 1 mth old birthday, by the way)! ; ) We decided to go to Savannah so that we could meet with a realtor and scope out the area before we take our month of leave. This way, if the realtor calls with some houses, then we can group them together and maybe come on a weekend to look at them. We will leave Savannah on Wednesday, Oct. 29 and drive to Birmingham to see all of you fantastic folks!! I can't wait! We'll stay in Birmingham until Hanz's report date, which is Thanksgiving day. I'm sure he'll check in before that and I may or may not go with him. It all pretty much depends on our housing situation. Mom and Dad have set up a nursery for Lily Bug so their house will be pretty comfy cozy for us, while we're homeless!! ; ) Thanks guys! Ok, so I guess that's the news for now. As always, we'll keep you posted if there are any changes. TTFN!
*the pic was taken after we got home from Church (don't worry...I actually brushed her hair before we left but this crazy hair was the result of taking off her hat after it was all said and done)

2 comments:

The Penter Family said...

i can't believe you are finally coming home. i am so excited! call me one day and colton and i will come over for a visit!

Megan said...

Lily looks so pretty in this picture! I love her Sunday dress : )