Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Little U.S. Citizen!!

YEAH!!! Our prayers have been answered! Yesterday, about 1630, as I was juggling Lily, my keys to open our front door, and a bunch of other things, my cell phone rings. I almost didn't answer it but I am SOOO glad I did! It was the Passport Lady from post and she said that Lily's passport was in!! YEAH!! She said, "Rebecca, I have NEVER seen a passport come back so fast!". I told her that there were a bunch of prayers going up over this one! We scheduled an appt to pick it up at the Consulate (yes, one more drive up to Frankfurt) to make sure that it made it to our hands by next weekend and not get lost or delayed in the mail. Hanz will go get it on Tuesday and then swing back by Schwinefurt for a 1300 appt where he ships his car. Sadly, it will be a long day for him but it will be a small price for us to pay for us to have this coveted document in hand. : )



This next week will be another stressful one for us so please keep us in your prayers. Hanz comes back from duty today (Praise the Lord!) and we're are going to go ahead and try to book our tickets home for next weekend or Monday. Besides getting the passport and shipping the car, Hanz will be clearing post, while I stay at home for the Army to pick up our loaner furniture and movers to come and pack up our Unaccompanied Baggage (that'll definitely be a bitter sweet day). The night of the 23rd we'll clean our rear-ends off and then have our final housing inspection on Friday the 24th. Unfortunately, my dad and sister, Lauren, will be leaving the morning of the 25th for a mission trip to Brazil (again, please lift them and their mission team up as they will be traveling to a very dangerous part of Rio where the missionaries who have been there for 30 yrs have just been granted access to go!) so Hanz and I are trying to decide if we should fly directly into Savannah to look at houses or fly to B'ham right away, since most of the fam will not be there until the 1st (sorry Megs, I know you are the MOST important of all) ; ). We'll keep you all posted as to what our travel plans end up being. We will definitely be home in B'ham before Halloween though and hopefully Mardi and Bob can join us in town to see their first granddaughter soon after. It'll be a HUGE family reunion so maybe we can have a party or something (You know us Baggett/Welos' love to throw parties!!) ; )



Well, the only other news I have is that Lily went to her two week well baby and got issued a clean bill of health. : ) YEAH!! My BF is going better and I have not pumped for two days (only nursed) as I'm trying to get used to it before we take this LONG international day of travel (I think it'll be a lot easier if I do it that way)!! Unfortunately, at the well baby, my poor Lily Bug was stuck twice for PKU and given the Vit K shot twice as well (the Germans had already done it in the hospital but the stupid military medicine people decided that the Germans probably didn't do it right so they needed to repeat it all). Whatever! The pediatrician "assured" me that it wouldn't hurt her to receive the double dosing so she better be right! It all classifies as a medicine error if you ask me and I HATE medicine errors!!



Here's a pic of the "bug" getting checked out by our American Pediatrician. Martina had posted a pic kind of like this and I thought it was cute to have for her baby book so I took one as well. More to follow soon! Oh yeah... did you guys know that military babies and/or American citizens born outside of the U.S. can NEVER run for President of the U.S.?? Isn't that insane?! I mean, personally, I'm glad Lily will never be that caught up in disgusting politics but to deny that right to a son/daughter of someone who has served our Country??! Does that make sense to anyone?!

3 comments:

Nina Long said...

I will be praying for all of you! When you get back to the states I hope you can come to our Christmas party!! I haven't seen you in years and I can't wait to see that sweet baby!

The Penter Family said...

let me know when you are back in birmingham so we can introduce lily and colton!

Megan said...

I am so thankful that the passport came fast! I know you are happy and sad about leaving Germany at the same time but we'll be glad to have you on American soil. Btw, I think Lily would make a great president... maybe she should've ran this time;) I am so anxious about meeting Lily and seeing you and Hanz, but I understand that flying into Savannah would be easier on all of y'all. Love you!