So as most (if not all) of you know, we went to Disney World the day after Lily's first b'day. It wasn't really just for her birthday but more of a family trip before Hanz deployed. Disney was offering an INCREDIBLE deal to Active Duty military and their families so Hanz enjoyed a 5 day park hopper pass (with water options) for FREE and my ticket was only $120. Lily of course was free b/c she is under 2. We decided to stay at Shades of Green (the military resort on Disney property) and since we were on block leave (vacation before deployments) we enjoyed an incredible room rate of $93/night TAX-FREE!! YAY!! We also were given a special card that allowed us to have 20% off all drinks and food that we purchased on the resort property! We flew down using our frequent flyer miles so our total Disney trip was around $1000 (6 nights). I guess I'm going into this much detail just in case some of our military friends are reading this and didn't know about the current offers (hurry while you can b/c they're only good through the end of the year!) ; )
This time of year was pretty hot but the parks weren't crowded AT ALL so the most we ever waited for a ride was about 20 minutes! I would definitely recommend this time of year if you have kids that aren't quite school age. The only bad thing I can really think of about our trip was that the food in the park just plain STINKS! I guess next time we go, I'll pack lunches! ; )
YAY! We're finally here!!
This was the Mickey Mouse (aka "Ha-Gee-Gee") in our hotel lobby. Lily HAD to go say hello every time we strolled through there!
The first day of our vaca we headed to Hollywood Studios. Monday is always the most crowded at Magic Kingdom so that's why we chose to go here first. It was definitely a smart move! No waiting AT ALL!!
Our first stop was Playhouse Disney Live....Lily danced the entire time!
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at Playhouse Disney (Lily's obsession!)
She had sooo much fun she didn't want to leave!
Playing on the set of "Honey I Shrunk the Kids"...a little too young for this, since she's not quite walking...


1 comment:
How FUN!!! I am glad ya'll got such a good deal! I want to go back soon!
Post a Comment