Friday, October 30, 2009

Stroller for TWO and 'ole Loyal Ebay!!!



So, I've had the HARDEST time deciding what double stroller I wanted for these kiddos but finally decided on the Maclaren Twin Techno. It's a side-by-side umbrella stroller than can be used from birth. I just couldn't bring myself to buy one of those Graco tank things b/c everytime I see one I want to RUN, not walk, in the other direction!!! (sorry if someone has one, they're just not for me!!) Germany definitely turned me into a stroller snob (that one's just for you Mom) ; )

I had an AWFUL experience with trying to purchase a "used" MTT from Craigslist. The lady was selling it for $200 and stated "she was a grandmother whose daughter had just moved with her kids to Chicago so she no longer had use for her stroller that had only been used for a 'few months'". WHATEVER!! I drove over an hour to find this stroller was in the worst used condition I have ever seen! The strollers that I've used with Lily for a year are in waaaayyy better condition and those things have been all over planes, thrown around, etc... So long story short I searched Ebay and low and behold I bought a BRAND NEW (2008 not 2009 but that's ok) MTT with every single accessory available (about $200 value free) all for $260 (total would have been $550+tax)! I was so proud of myself that I had to share. We tested it out today and Lily and "Ha-gee-gee" love it! Of course, we can't wait to get little Reid in there in Ha-gee-gee's place but for now, that's who's keeping the seat warm! ; )

No comments: