Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reid Larson Welo

Houston, we have a name!!! We've actually had it picked out for a little while but decided to announce it to friends and fam at Lily's birthday party. Lily shares her middle name with my name so we wanted to do the same for our son. Hanz didn't want Reid's middle name to be "Hanz" so we went with his middle name, Larson, which I have always liked. We knew we wanted a boy's name that started with a R b/c Hanz claims that all Welo men alternate b/t "H" and "R" with each generation (i.e. Hanz's granddad's name was Hank, Hanz's dad's name is Robert, then there's Hanz and now Reid). Silly maybe, but I think it's kind of fun!! ; )

I had my follow-up u/s from my 20 week visit today and everything looked good. The u/s tech said Reid is not breech anymore and she was able to take all of the measurements very accurately and easily. She said he weighs almost 2 lbs right now (however accurate that may be) and is in the 80% for size!!! Yikes!! Good thing I'm having a c-section!! haha

His little heartrate was in the 140s and he kicked a few times, while the doctor was measuring me so that was kind of funny. I'm kind of bummed that I'm not getting all the 3D ultrasounds that I got in Germany but I'm glad I got to see my little man today. Here's looking at you kid! ; )


not the clearest but he was moving around a lot (that's his little face on the right with right arm above and his stomach to the left)

5 comments:

The Penter Family said...

LOVE the name choice!

The Colleges said...

LOVE THE NAME!!!

Megan said...

I can't believe your already this far along Bec! SO glad Reid's moving around a lot : )

Margie said...

Cute name! Glad you are doing well!

Amy Dorsey said...

Yay for a name!and it's super cute!