Saturday, October 17, 2009

Disney (Part 3)

Day 4 we ventured to Epcot. Since I'm such a science dork, I actually enjoy this place more than Magic Kingdom! Hanz had only visited Disneyland, which doesn't have Epcot, so he really enjoyed going here as well. We got really lucky and were there during the International Food and Wine festival. As those of you that have visited here before know, one part of the park is called World Showcase and it is basically a walk-through of different countries. You can experience a glimpse into their culture and it's really neat. With the festival going on, many more countries than normal were represented and you could taste test their food for $5 and under. Hanz and I spent about $60 going from country to country tasting food and had the best time! I was so bummed I couldn't taste test the wines b/c I LOVE doing that but it saved us money in the end so I guess it's ok. ; ) We got pretty full doing this but couldn't resist eating at the Oktoberfest restaurant in Germany. It was fun but not very authentic. Good to get to practice some of our German again though as the workers in each country are actually that country's citizens. My favorite part of the park was a ride called "Soarin". It was a hang-gliding adventure that took you all over the West Coast. It was seriously one of the best rides I have ever been on!

Lily playing in the indoor playground, while Hanz rode Mission Space...

She LOVED finding her twin!

While visiting Norway, Lily enjoyed getting back to her Norwegian roots!! ; )

In Germany, outside of the Fest hall...

Our little German born daughter didn't really care much for the food, but enjoyed the music!

the aquatic parts of the park excited her the most!

The last day we visited Animal Kingdom. This was my least favorite park and not b/c I don't like animals... I LOVE THEM but Animal Kingdom seemed to not accommodate as many Disney guests as the other parks. The sidewalks were narrow and made it seem really crowded. I couldn't even imagine going during prime season b/c I was kind of miserable there off-peak. I think the best part was going on the safari ride through Africa. We had front row seats in the safari truck and really got up close and personal with a bunch of different animals. Sometimes I couldn't believe how close they drove us to them! Here are some pics from that adventure.

while in line, we got an underwater glimpse of a hippo!

meercat

Back at our hotel, we found some ducks outside of our room and went out to feed them. Lily thought it was HILARIOUS! They were really cute too!

We all had fun at Disney but are definitely glad to be home and enjoying our last days with Hanz. Lily is of course enjoying her new "Ha-Gee-Gee" but doesn't have much to do with Dumbo anymore. ; )

1 comment:

The Montgomery Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!! We went to EuroDisney last month and my little girl loved it also!!