Wednesday, December 23, 2009

36 Weeks

I turned 36 weeks this week and I am in SHOCK!!! ; ) This pregnancy has been so wonderful and has gone by so fast that I seriously can't believe I'm nearing the end! I've tried to enjoy every minute of it b/c I'm not sure if it'll be my "last" or if we'll go for one more (I have always wanted three but this one came so close that Hanz and I both are thinking two might be pretty wonderful). WE SHALL SEE!!!

I went to my weekly check-up last week and my new doc said everything was looking good. She did an ultrasound of Reid just to check on things b/c she was going to be off this week and wanted to make sure we could skip a weekly check-up. I was able to see him better than I ever have on the 2D ultrasound machine before and he kept puffing his cheeks and pursing his lips. It was really cute. They "measured" him weighing about 6 1/2lb ALREADY so he may be a big boy. The pic doesn't really do justice to how cute he was on the screen but here you go...

I have had no complications from this pregnancy or really any problems other than I'm getting to the point where I have to find a bathroom every two seconds and I am beginning to experience that "1st trimester" tiredness all over again (not sure if it's the Holidays, end of the pregnancy, toting around a 23lb 14 mth old....probably all of the above!). I've gained 14 lb but insist I have a tapeworm b/c I am eating whatever I want b/c as soon as little Reid is born I am GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT! ; ) I've really been trying to get as much Lily Bug time in as I can because it won't be her and me for much longer, which actually makes me kind of sad, but I truly cannot WAIT to meet this little man! We scheduled the BIG DAY for January 15th at 1215 (ahhh the beauties of a scheduled c-section). Of course, he could always come early but that'll be HIS call. ; )

No comments: