Saturday, December 26, 2009

15 Months


My baby girl is 15 months!! I'm not quite sure what her stats are because we don't go for her well-baby check-up until Jan 6th but I'll be sure and post as soon as I know. The following is basically a description of what's going on in her little life right now. I know it may be boring for some but I'm documenting for my own personal record and of course, for grandmothers and proud aunts to look at (and of course Hanz, if he's able to check his internet). ; )


So...we FINALLY have a "walker"; however, if she falls down, she'll continue to her destination on her knees. It's actually quite funny but that's her most proficient mode of transportation so why not, right?? ; ) She likes to dance (bouncing up and down) to most music (especially her little teapot that sings), claps her hands whenever she accomplishes something, continues to give open mouth kisses that cover the nose to those she loves most (mainly Mickey Mouse, her dogs {gross I know!} and of course, her mommy). Whenever a phone rings Lily will put her hand to her ear and say "Wo?". She continues to be interested in books and will "read" one to herself for a good 5-10 minutes! The only television she'll stayed "tuned-in" for is Playhouse Disney, which I usually put on in the morning after breakfast (when I'm trying to get ready) and her favorite shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Special Agent Oso, Handy Manny and Imagination Movers (probably in that order). She is still a twice-a-day napper but her morning nap is pretty flexible if we have errands to run or playdates to attend so my hat's off to my baby girl for going with the flow! She is a very social little girl and will wave at most anybody; however, if she's tired and someone tries to talk to her, she will just turn her head and smile like she is shy. She is VERY independent and by that I mean....HAS NO FEAR!!! She has mastered going up and down stairs, which scares some people but she really is cautious (and yes, I keep an eye on her), climbs on and off furniture (this is hilarious, especially if she can barely reach), tries to do flips on the ground (I of course, have to push her little butt over so she can continue her roll which she thinks is just HILARIOUS!). Her favorite stuffed animal's name is "Pup Pup" and she sleeps with him every night and naptime (if we lose him I don't know what we'll do!!!). Her favorite fruit is a banana, veggie is probably asparagus or green beans, meat is chicken (of course) and thanks to the Holidays, has welcomed a new obsession of "drop cookies". She likes to hide from people and her dogs (in a peek-a-boo sort of way) and continues to LOVE bath-time. She knows how to feed her baby doll her bottle (sometimes in the eye, sometimes in the mouth...it's really a 50/50 shot) and LOVES all animals (real and fake). Her limited vocabulary includes "Mom-ma", "Da-da", "Wo", and "eh" (which covers a lot of objects that she will then point to (i.e. juice, milk, snacks, computer, all four dogs that currently reside at my parent's house...the list goes on...).


All in all, she's a really fun little girl with a big personality, big heart, and a couple sides of drama and mischief. She makes every day a new adventure and I feel very blessed to be able to spend this time in my life (and her's) at home with her, watching all of these precious moments. She will be a BIG SISTER in less than three weeks so our 18 month post may be a little bit different....stay tuned! ; )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Emory didn't walk until 15 months either!! She was content knowing she could get there crawling! Glad to know Em was the only one!