Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Big Day!

Hey guys! I'm sorry I have not sent out any new updates. Mom and Hanz have been here at the hospital with me, until late in the evening and I know that when they get back home they are too tired to update this site for me. Anyway, Mom did upload the header so you guys have been able to see one of the first pics of "princess Lily". ; ) She really is the sweetest baby! I cannot believe how sweet she is! Thanks also to Shawn for sending out an update on my babysites website. She is my awesome photographer friend and came by this weekend to shoot a few family photos. We will go back to her toward the end of the week and get the "official" newborn shots done so I'll make sure you guys are able to see those.

Well, I am definitely glad that I made the decision to have the c-section. Once the doctor got in there (the midwife went into the OR with me also cause she's just that awesome!), they both said that she was so far up that she definitely would not have come for another week or more and at that time they both aren't sure that I could have delivered her naturally because they said I was small and she probably would have been about 10lb and I would have had to have a c-sect to get her out anyway! So thanks for the prayers and words of encouragement b/c I'm definitely glad about the decision we made. My recovery went wonderfully until today when they were FINALLY going to discharge me (they usually keep c-sects 6 days but told me I could leave on day 4 b/c I ambulated very early; however, I was having some intestinal probs...without getting into too much detail...and they wanted me to wait until I was "regular" again before d/c). Literally as soon as they walked out of the room, after telling me I really needed to stay another night, I went up and ran to the bathroom but then this afternoon I became INSANELY engorged and now have bruises all over me from my midwife helping me to help my milk down. I knew that I would prob make a lot b/c I remember Lauren making a lot but I didn't know I was going to turn into a Dolly Parton!! HAHA! Just kidding! ; ) Anyway, I think all is well and under control now but it's definitely been a rough afternoon. I am SOOO thankful for Hanz who brought a wireless USB internet so I could hook up and publish this post (anything other than German cable that I can't understand). ; )

Lily is doing great and has been checked by a German pediatrician. They had to clip the little thing under her tongue b/c they said it was a little too long so that was kind of weird but it's just skin so she didn't bleed or anything and really only cried for a moment. She is now nursing better and taking her pacifier better (she looked like Maggie Simpson sucking on that thing before the procedure). She is the sweetest baby and hardly ever cries. She has soo many of Hanz's characteristics that are really cute and obviously looks like him. It's fun to watch them together. He is already a great dad and she definitely has him wrapped around her little finger. Hanz told me that she got my eyes so at least I have something! ; ) I will try and post some new pictures that I've taken to this or a new post tonight if I have a little more energy. I'm so thankful for all of you guys' sweet comments on email, etc... More to come later!

5 comments:

The Penter Family said...

i told you a c-section was great! i'm glad you had a good experience too. i want all my babies to be c-section babies!

i know what you mean about the boobs! my milk came in on the third day after colton was born and i had to go to the store and buy some D bras!!! lots of milk! but, i guess that is a good thing :) i'm glad you aren't having any problems breast feeding.

looking for more pictures soon!

Nina Long said...

She is precious and does look like dad! I am so glad things went well for you. Congrats! Take care of yourself!!

Megan said...

I'm glad you started updating again... I missed your posts! And congrats to Mom, she did a great job with the header photo! Love you all!

Unknown said...

6 days...we only got to stay 3 for my c-section!! glad the c-section and your recovery are going well! she's beautiful!

The Colleges said...

She is so beautiful! I love her dark hair! I am so glad your c-section was so successful. Congratulations to the new parents!! Love Rachel, Jeff and George!