Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bummed OUT!

: ( Well, Mom and I just got back from the hospital and they have pretty much told me that they "don't think Lily's coming anytime soon as I am NOT ready". I went in for an 0800 appt for them to give me prostaglandins (help soften my cervix) and before they gave it to me, they checked me and said I was still very "thick" and even with the prostaglandins tab "wouldn't be having this baby today". I am SOOO BUMMED! Oh well. I am definitely anxious to meet Lily but I think most of my anxiety stems from the fact that I know I have to get the international birth certificate and then apply for the passport, in order to go home to my HOME country with my baby, and that takes many weeks. It's so dumb to me why a month old baby needs an official passport but whatever (the German moms have their babies added to their passport).
Hanz and I cannot officially leave Germany until 27 October but the birth certificate takes a couple of days to get and the passport takes up to 8 weeks (they told me that in my situation it "should" take 3-4 weeks but isn't 100% guaranteed). If it comes to 27 October and we still don't have a passport, then we can apply for a temporary emergency passport that becomes effective immediately but that also is up to the German government to issue and isn't guaranteed. So here lies my dilemma. Oh well. : ( I go back to the doctor on Thursday, which is my actual due date, and they will check me again and possibly give me another prostaglandins tab if my cervix is still thick so I will keep you all posted. Please keep us in your prayers. I know that God is looking out for us and His timing is perfect....this is just my anxious mind going wild and I know that He has everything under control so just pray that I keep that in my mind. Tschuss for now! ; )

3 comments:

Nina Long said...

Just run and jump up and down and eat mexican food if you can. Do you have mexican food over there?? I will be thinking of you! Love you!!

Megan said...

PLEASE keep me posted! I am an anxious aunt in waiting...

The Penter Family said...

God is watching out for you...it will all work out.