Thursday, September 25, 2008

D-Day (Due Date Decisions!!)

Well, today, is my due date and we went back to the doctor to see if any progression was being made. The prostaglandins that the midwife and Dr. gave me on Tuesday made me have regular contractions (yes, they hurt) all evening and night long and got to be about 5 minutes apart. We all thought for sure that something would have happened but when the Dr. checked me again today, he said I was EXACTLY the same. They told me that my body is by far not ready for induction but we could try the prostaglandins again on Monday and recheck on Tuesday but that nothing was guaranteed. Their recommendation was to either have a C-section tomorrow or wait until next week and try again and if nothing took, we could do a C-section then (since time unfortunately is a factor for us). Mom, Hanz and I came home and talked about the big decision (I of course was in tears). I am NOT AT ALL a girl who has to deliver vaginally (I know that there are a lot out there that feel that a c-section is "not really delivering" or whatever) but I am not that girl. I don't care how a baby comes out as long as it is healthy so that really wasn't even a factor in my decision making process. We made a list of pros and cons (with all of us contributing) and the pros were overwhelming. So, we've decided that the big day will be tomorrow. YEAH!!! I have a c-sect scheduled for 1100 so she "should" be here before lunch (CET of course). I'm really excited to know that there is an end in sight and that we can get the other important stuff going but am also a little hesitant, mainly to the fact that I hope this is the right decision. So far, everyone pretty much feels like this is the best decision for us. My mom has a history of going late (2 weeks with me, 4 days with Meg (which was induced) and 8 days with Lauren) and the fact that c-sections (unscheduled) actually run in my family (i.e. history of big babies and little women...my dad's mom) has kind of helped make this decision a little easier. If it would take my body that long to get ready, then my mom would miss everything and I KNOW that I don't want that! So, I guess that's it for now. I'll obviously be out of it tomorrow but will try to teach Hanz or Mom tonight, how to update this site, so that you guys can see some pictures. Sorry, Henry, but she wasn't born today...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAY!! ; )

8 comments:

Nina Long said...

I gave birth to Jake and had a c-section with Ty. I will not lie I had a REALLY bad experience with a c-section. I had much rather have a baby the natural way. I will be praying for you and I know you can't wait to meet her! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm sure it's the best decision. I will be praying for you.

Megan said...

Rebecca I think you made a great decision. I can't wait to see pictures of the little angel! Love you!

The Penter Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! BABY LILY WILL FINALLY BE HERE TOMORROW!!! A c-section is great. You are going to be so glad you did it. No labor pains. No pain at all, in fact. And the baby doesn't come out with a cone head. I'll be praying for you today. I can't wait to see some pictures of her!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see pics of your beautiful baby! No matter what other people experienced, you have so many people praying for you and I am SURE that God will be looking out for the Welos and will give you a wonderful experience with your first child. I love you guys and you tell Lily that her Aunt Sarah can't wait to meet her in the spring!!!

The Colleges said...

Rebecca, I am so excited for you. I will pray for a safe c-section for you and the beautiful baby girl! Jeff and I share in your excitement and wish only the best for you and your family. Good luck and congratulations!!

The Sawyers said...

Rebecca,
Lily is absolutely beautiful! I know you are glad she is finally here. Best of luck with your new family.

The Penter Family said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I knew she would be. I know it will be several days before you feel like updating your blog again, but I can NOT wait! I love her already! I am showing Colton the picture of his new little girlfriend!