Sunday, August 30, 2009

Build-a-Bear

As most of you know, Hanz will be deploying soon for at least a year. This isn't new to us, by any means, but it will definitely be different now that we have a child (and another on the way). There are many creative things you can do to help your children cope, while a parent is away, but since Lily is so young (and thankfully shouldn't remember much of this), we decided that the best thing to do would be to give her an animal that she could hug when she misses Daddy. So....we opted for Build-a-Bear! I have never been here before but they were running a special that you could choose any bear, any outfit, plus any pair of shoes for $29.99. We also had Hanz do a voice recording that when Lily squeezes her bear's hands, it will play a message just for her! The total was about $40.00, which seems a little pricey to me, but I know will be TOTALLY worth it! We also plan to go make one for #2 when we find out exactly what we're having!

Here we go!

Lily has chosen the perfect bear...
"I want my bear to look just like Daddy!"
He is born!
First kiss...
"I just love SFC Bug!" (yes, Hanz picked the name) ; )

3 comments:

Megan said...

Such a creative idea Bec! Some people just don't realize that many husbands and daddys go months and months without seeing their loved ones. When I hear people complain about their husband being on a business trip for a week I just want to say "SHUT UP"!

Anonymous said...

I ust love the song in the background. You do wonderful Blog. What is this song? (Over the Rainbow, but by who, it is so soft) What is the song that led to Lily's name? I want to download them both.
Love, Mom Mardi

The 6 W's said...

I think it's by IZ....it's from a movie I saw and liked the version also. If you go to my playlist on the right side and hit create your own playlist then you can search for songs. Lily's name is from Widespread Panic (a group I'm not too sure you'll like) but the song is called Little Lily. Sometimes it's hard to find though. : )