Our second leg consisted of driving to Wilmington for a stay at Sarah's new apartment! It took us about 3 1/2 hours to get there and was pretty much ALL interstate (no more back-woods SC roads for these girls!). Sarah and Sidda (Sarah's cat) greeted us and we enjoyed a pretty chill weekend. Friday evening we went out to dinner down on the Intercoastal Waterway. We had a great view of all of the boats coming in and out and I finally got to indulge in some coconut shrimp (not from the frozen foods section). We drove down the beach and then headed back for a night of just relaxation. Saturday, we headed downtown and saw Wilmington's River-walk. I was surprised how similar this city was to Savannah and really enjoyed the quaintness of it all. Sarah bought some fresh peaches from the Farmer's Market, which she served up later with dessert! YUMMY!! Her friends came over for dinner that night and we all talked for quite a while before hitting the sack again. Thank you Sarah for such a lovely, relaxing weekend! I promise next time we visit I won't arrive so worn out!! ; )
Sarah and Lily downtown
Lily and Sidda meeting for the first time (Lily couldn't stop laughing at her!)
Dinner out on the waterway
view of downtown Wilmington (this is where they shot Dawson's Creek for those of you who don't know...and Sarah said this is the Cape Fear River...yes, movie filmed here also!)
Just a wonderful sign we saw...WAR EAGLE!!!


1 comment:
Ugh, I just noticed that sign! What a waste of a picture... hahaha!
Post a Comment